Friday 9 May 2008

British Gas

Why is it big companies try to embrace digital but do it *so* badly?
I've been trying to organise my British Gas account online for six months and somehow, for whatever reason, despite them sending me bills with the a/c number on it, they can't recognise me. I call the online support team and they end up cutting me off! When I do get through, there's the obligatory 'we love you, we'll be with you' message. And then they advise me that it's busy, and I should go online. I f***ing know that. I can't. Hence my call to you.
I'm not bothered about companies that aren't online. If I choose to use their products, then I choose to abide by their way of working. But don't pretend you do digital, if you clearly are still struggling with customer service.

No comments: